Friday, August 6, 2010

turning the page


It's almost time to end this chapter and start the next..

It's been just over half a year of fighting this disease. And still, I'm not done. Surgery is next in the line-up. Followed by radiation, which is another 5-7 weeks worth of treatment. Then, at least 5 years of hormone therapy. But I have to say that the worst part is behind me (chemotherapy). So that is a relief. :)

I've finalized my plans for where the surgery will take place. Drumroll please.... Maine. :) I decided that there's a lot to be done there and lots of people to see and it'll get the surgery part done the fastest. I'll be back for about 5-6 weeks before heading back out to Utah.

I'm flying to Boston August 18th and meeting my mom there. Then we'll either take the train or the bus back to Portland. I have an appointment with my surgeon that day at 3:45 p.m. It'll be a busy day, but an important one. It's my chance to sit down with Dr. Molin and discuss my options for surgery. And the following week I will have the surgery (either the 26th or 27th). It's all going to happen pretty quickly....


Before I leave though, I have an MRI scheduled for the 13th of next week to check my breasts again for any tumors. Please pray that it comes back clear.

How did I feel after my last chemo treatment? Meh. Not great, but not terrible. Nights sweats, more stomach discomfort this time, insatiable thirst, hot flashes, muscle aches (in my neck, shoulders, and abs), and fatigue. The cool thing is.. I have peach fuzz coming in! And some eyebrows and even hair on my legs! I actually need to shave my legs for the first time in 4 months! I never thought I'd be excited about that. :)

So basically the next week and a half will consist of packing/organizing, spending as much time as I can with Alan, my relatives and my uncle's dog Allie. :) We're planning a BBQ so I can say good-bye to everyone. And Alan, Uncle John, and myself are going to Valley Fair amusement park next week. :) Those two guys have been so good to me over the past few months and I can't thank them enough for everything!

That's all for now.... hope you all have a safe and happy weekend! :) xo And a very Happy Birthday to Lynnee!!


"Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude."



1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie,

    So glad the chemo is behind you. You are doing remarkable well. Keep up that wonderful spirit. Each day brings you closer to getting on with your life as you wish. I think of you every day and say a prayer for you. God bless. XXOO Tess

    ReplyDelete