Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Recalling the first surgery

It was one year ago today that I endured my first lumpectomy. I remember being relieved that the tumor would finally be removed from my body. Everything happened so quickly, it all seems like a blur when I think back to that day. Dr. Molin was wonderful though. My mom, sister, and brother were all there that day. I remember when I came out of surgery, groggy from the anethesia, and seeing them all standing at the foot of my bed. I remember Dr. Molin coming into my post-op room, leaning over me, and saying, "This is curable." I remember I started crying, not because I was in pain, but because I was so incredibly overwhelmed with what was happening to me. I suppose a part of me was hoping to wake up from this nightmare and have it be just that. But little did I know what lay ahead of me in those following months. Exactly one week later, I would be back in surgery again, in attempt to remove all of the cancer in my breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment