Thursday, February 10, 2011

Busy bee


The past few weeks have been very busy for me, hence the busy bee. ;)

I started a CNA training class that runs for three weeks, Monday-Thursday from 9-3, and on Friday's we do our clinicals at an assisted living center. Not only that, but I'm still working a few days a week (closing shifts). So sometimes my day can be 10+ hours. It's exhausting, but worth it.

All that aside, I am feeling pretty good. No pain or anything. However, I feel as though my GI tract is still not back to normal from when I first began chemo. I explained my symptoms to Dr. Werner when I saw her a few weeks ago. She said that it was pretty normal and that it may not go back to it's pre-chemo state for about 6-12 months out from my last treatment. I'm hoping it does sooner than July. But if I still have concerns, she set me up with a GI doctor. I may need to have a colonoscopy if it doesn't go back to normal. Yikes.

Also, my stamina is not where I would like it to be. But it could just be the long days....

One big plus, is that my hair is getting longer and longer..and curly!! :)

I went to my first training session at the Wellness Center last Thursday. I'm still hoping to run the entire 5k on April 16th without stopping. Unfortunately, since starting the CNA training, I haven't had the time or energy to train for it. Also, I NEED to start eating better. I have a food journal but have only logged one day's worth of information since I got it.

Goals for next week:
Walking after each class for 30 min.
Eat better!

And lastly, I will be in Florida two weeks from today!! :) I am so excited to meet all of the other young women who know and understand what I have been through. And more than anything, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY MOM!! And my Aunt Stef and cousins, Theresa and Alex! Should be fun!! xx

Spring will be here soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment